Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SPEND SPEND...AND MORE SPENDING.

Finally...my new running shoe. I haven't used them yet. =.= but its LOVELY New Balance 892. Got it from New Balance @ 1 Utama. Pretty fast buying process. I knew i wanted a running shoe...so it was like:

Andrew: *walks in to New Balance with gf*
Andrew:
Hi, I'm looking for a pair of running shoe.

Sales Person: Err...okay...do you know how to choose a running shoe.
Andrew:
Sorry no.

Sales Person:
What is your foot type?

Andrew: Sorry, I didnt check yet.
Sales Person:
Take out your shoe and I'll check for you.

Andrew: Sure, thanks.
Sales Person:
Your right feet is pretty high arched...your left feet is arched also but normal.

Andrew: I see, so which shoe would be suitable for me?
Sales Person:
These models are suitable for arch feet type. The higher the model number, the better the shoe is.

Andrew:
Oh...
I see
Sales Person: This one is rubber sole while this one is using air cushioning.
Andrew:
Okay I'll take this.
.....

I tried it on and it very comfortable so I bought it without further doubts.
After that I helped my gf to choose a pair for her as well but hers is just a normal outing shoe. ON TO THE PICTURES =D

Note: I bought those shoes with the Pacesetters card....not mine =) The card belongs to my gf's uncle.


Remember my new computer song? Well...after suffering with all the trouble shooting and countless trips to Low Yat...my new computer is working perfectly now.

The story goes like this.

15.12.2007
I went to Low Yat with my friend, Kayne and my younger cousin, Victor(Yes...that Victor which is linked in my blog). They were kind enough to accompany me for that day. So basically, we spent a few hours walking around scouting for a better price in everything. In the end, I got my new computer from Compu Zone, better known as C-Zone.

My computer specifications were:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33Ghz
RAM: OCZ Gold plated heat spreader 1GB 800Mhz X 2 (total of 2GB lah)
Motherboard: ASUS P5K
Hard Drive: Western Digital 160GB Sata II
DVDRW: Samsung DVDRW (Sata version)
Graphic Card: ASUS 8800GT 512MB DDR3 ( not the TOP version)
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider 560watts
Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5

It was horrible. On that day itself....15.12.2007, my new computer has been giving me Blue Screen Of Death. Don't know what is a BSOD? It is the famous Windows Error...



I tested ALOT with my new computer. Swappings of RAMS. Different copies of Windows XP. All failed.

21.12.2007
I went back to Low Yat, complained about my problem and changed my motherboard and ram so it is now:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33Ghz
RAM: Corsair XMS2 PC6400 2GB Matching pair(1GB X 2)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA P35 DS3 Rev 2.0
Hard Drive: Western Digital 160GB Sata II
DVDRW: Samsung DVDRW (Sata version)
Graphic Card: ASUS 8800GT 512MB DDR3 ( not the TOP version)
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider 560watts
Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5

So I thought okay...my computer is finally stable now. I went back to Sitiawan for about 1 week and came back on 30th of December 2007.

But during my 2nd week of January, my new computer was acting weird. My computer will suddenly just power off itself then power up after 2 seconds. I always disconnect my phoneline from my modem whenever I'm not using my computer or StreamyX. However, my power cables and all are still connected to the wall socket at most of the time. I do disconnect them but not often.

Just when you think my new computer was fucked up enough already, I had a new problem. My new hard drive totally crashed. My computer will boot up but when it comes to loading Windows XP, my whole pc will show a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH with an error message NTFS.SYS

HOLY COW ITS NTFS.SYS ERROR!! <=== Hard Drive error

I tried to reformat but as soon as it was going to load Windows for installation, SAME ERROR

19.01.2008
Once again I WENT BACK TO LOW YAT. Told them the situation. Changed the Hard drive. And it seems to be okay. So I brought it home.

I reinstalled Windows, it loaded up. When I was about to install some Drivers...BAM~! Power off.

20.01.2008
I went back to Lowyat AGAIN.

Went to C-Zone..the technician, called Ah Moo..yes...AH MOO. He kept saying no problem. Fine, I tested infront of him AGAIN. That smarty pants went to the back of the store when my pc auto power off again. When i told him he seems to be doubtful.

I said "Let me speak with the person in charge. I want to change every single hardware".

Proceeded to C-Zone's sales centre..spoke with Ah Boy. Surprisingly..he said "Okay". Note:EVERY PART WAS CHANGED. I was so paranoid, I checked every single serial number. Trust me after going back for 6 - 7 times, I rather check again and again and again. I have the right to do so.

SO MY FINAL STABLE FREAKING AWESOME COMPUTER is as below:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33Ghz
RAM: Corsair XMS2 PC6400 2GB Matching pair(1GB X 2)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA P35 DS3 Rev 2.1
Hard Drive: Western Digital 160GB Sata II
DVDRW: Samsung DVDRW (Sata version)
Graphic Card: Gigabyte 8800GT 512MB DDR3 Zalman edition
Power Supply: Gigabyte ODIN 550watts Modular
Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5

Notice the Gigabyte family?



Also, my 3rd tub of Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey!


No comments: