Monday, September 1, 2008

It's all about the water....and more food

I seem to be updating pretty often nowadays eh? Haha. Anyway, was busy over the weekends as my parents were down at KL. My dad ordered some water filter system called Hydro One to be installed at my house. The funny thing is, I didn't know when those people were gonna come to my place. Last Saturday, I heard my door bell ringing but, thinking it could be my aunty and my grandma was downstairs with the maid, I continued sleeping...Only to be waken up abruptly within the next few minutes by my grandma. She told me there are people who are here to install the water filter unit. As I slept pretty late(probably 2am? or 3am?) on Friday, and being woken up like that... I was moving sluggishly to brush my teeth and change my clothes. Anyway, I saw the man and his son fixing the piping and stuff when I got downstairs. I didn't know my dad ordered those huge filter where you place them outside of the house.

Photobucket
The er...plumber? and his son

Photobucket
No, that is not a light saber folks. Looks cool huh?

Photobucket
One small cutting device to cut the copper piping.

Photobucket
Trying to fit both ends

Photobucket
Almost there? Looking pretty sweet huh?

Photobucket
Marking the places to drill holes for the filter stand/holders

Photobucket
Finally, he gets to do some work :D

Photobucket
The tank's holders? Uh, and yea...that is my shadow. Duh.

Photobucket
Get the idea now?

Photobucket
There we go, easy does it

Photobucket
Here comes the sniper wall LOL

Photobucket
We're almost done :)

Photobucket
He is working at the front section now.

Photobucket
The brand

Photobucket
And finally, completed the installation

If you noticed the time those pictures were taken, it took them about 2 and a half hours to install that filter(First picture was taken at 9.33am and last picture at 12.01pm). Just when you thought it was over, we have to install another one for the wet kitchen area.

Photobucket
My uncle said, we can actually drink straight from the tap with this( partly the water is filtered by the big brother outside the house :) )

Photobucket
The position for the filtered water

Photobucket
The extra outlet for the water to be channeled to the mini filter which has some membrane or whatever they call it.

Photobucket
See that long tube that is he rolling up? That is for the backwash

All these for about RM2.3K. And you gotta maintain it!. The front filter will auto backwash every 12 hours! The man said the amount of water for the backwash will be approximately 2 pails? WTF. Anyway, so it will backwash twice a day and you have to MANUALLY backwash the filter ONCE a month. As for the filter at the wet kitchen, I have do the backwash once a week.

Honestly, I rather not have this filter. Firstly, you gotta remember to do the backwash. Secondly, touching wood, imagine if something does wrong with the filter? Getting charged for fixing it...etc etc. Those filters on the mini filter which you saw earlier, the man said the company will call me when it is reaching the 1 year life span and will cost about RM180 to replace them.

Seriously, I rather not have it. I still drink BOILED water for God's sake!!

Pros: Clean water?
Cons: $


Next up, FOOD!!!!!!

First up, DIM SUM! We went to this restaurant near our place after Sunday mass at Church of Guadalupe .

Photobucket
Whatever the chinese character says

Photobucket
Entrance :) It's pretty decent actually.

Photobucket
My Grandma and mum

Photobucket
My sistah

Photobucket
Kenneth :) Her husband

Photobucket
Cooked upon order. So it was fresh.

Photobucket
The food might look delicious, but the taste was quite disappointing. The siu mai was not the usual siu mai taste you would get typically. It was just too different. It doesn't taste bad but it didn't hit the spot.

Photobucket
Har Kau? Same as the siu mai. Not your usual taste for your taste buds.

BUT This....

Photobucket
THIS IS NICE. Some mini ham tan(salted egg) pau? Are you expecting it to be salty? Surprisingly, its not salty at all. In fact, it is very tasty. Would definitely order this instead of the siu mai and har kau. The nice warm yolk oozes out as you take your first bite. Simply delicious. Sorry, no pictures for that. You gotta go there and try it out yourself :)

Photobucket
Phai Kuat Wong? Is that what they call it? This is okay. :D the taste is pretty standard however it's quite meaty. Not just bones like some shops.

Photobucket
Loh Bak Kou?White carrot cake? Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside.

Photobucket
Woo Kok? Wu Kok? They took 20minutes in order to cook this. Pffff. Gordon Ramsay would probably say "What the fuck are they doing in there?!!?!? Christ, it's just a WHO COCK! Come on."

Photobucket
Overall, not too disappointing.

Photobucket
Our last dish, glass noodles and mee hoon. RM18! And the size of this order is "small".

Enough of crap from outside. Here are some REAL good food. This was for dinner last Saturday.


Photobucket
Fried tofu with fried shallots

Photobucket
Veg! Siow Pai Chai..

Photobucket
LOR BAK!!!! Too bad my mum didn't add hardboiled eggs for the night as we already had eggs for breakfast. Pfff Health conscious.

Photobucket
Last but not least, Sai Yong Choi soup!

Too much food? Okay, here comes the messed up part. I went to order a cake for my dad's birthday last Sunday and thinking Secret Recipe's cakes are 1 of my favourite for cheese cakes. So my mum and I popped by Secret Recipe near my place and boy what a mistake.

We got there around 11.00am and there were only two staffs working. One of them was behind the counter and the other was mopping the floor. My mum and I were discussing on which cake to choose. Since the staff behind the counter was busy attending to an earlier customer, I asked the other staff who was cleaning the place if they have a fresh Espresso cheese cake. He went back to the kitchen and took out the cake for us to see. Simple enough, we took the Espresso Cheese Cake (RM70) and wrote down our message to be written on the cake.

My mum told him to wash his hands as he was cleaning the tables and floor(mop) and he stopped handling the cake and went back to clean the place. After afew minutes, the other staff asked us what message would we like to have on the cake while handing me a piece of paper. I wrote "Happy 56th Birthday Papa" and......without showing to us, he wrote and packed it into the box. Thinking it should be okay as I WROTE on a piece of paper for HIM to write on the cake.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Only to be given this

Photobucket
What the fuck. My 56th father? I only want 1 dad. Which to me is the greatest dad. We love you papa!

Photobucket
Better lighting? WHAT THE FUCK lah you stupid $%&^%$#%#$%@


Okay let's not make those stupid fuck heads spoil our mood. We proceeded with the celebration :D
My dad couldn't stop moving! hahaha I tried taking a good shot but he kept moving. Check it out.


Photobucket
1st shot

Photobucket
2nd shot - Aiyo..papa, stop moving lah..my K800i sux

Photobucket
At last, a decent shot

Photobucket
We are family..jeng jeng
L-R: Grandma! Me, my dad, mum and sistah! Kenneth is taking this picture. Damn, I forgot to take his picture with my sister and dad. aiyo..Sorry man! I forgot.

Photobucket
Finally, after having some cake, it was lunch time! Mum's fried chicken is da bomb!!!!!!!!


After lunch, we sat down to view some photos that Kenneth and my sister took during their trip to Europe for their honeymoon/cousin's wedding.

Photobucket
Not the TV lah, the laptop.

Photobucket
:D

Photobucket
And yeah..er...that is my office laptop...Shhh

What a weekend! Awesome fooooooooodd. Hope you guys had a good one as well. Take care.




No comments: