Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Updates Updates !!!

Warning - LOTS OF PICTURES! LOADING MIGHT BE SLOW

NOTE: I am not, I repeat, NOT criticizing about my gf's aunty decision to book the place and how it was handled. These are my opinions about A'Famosa.

Sorry for the long absence as I was on a looooooooooooong holiday. I finally have some time to update my blog. How are you guys doing? My back and tricep is aching from last Monday's workout, which I like it. Makes you feel as though you've worked your ass off during your workout session. I did Back, Triceps and Legs.

29.01.2009
I was at Malacca for my Chinese New Year holiday with my gf, her family and relatives. I had the privilege to drive my gf's Vios. We started our journey around 9.00am on Thursday, 29.01.2009. Stopped once at a rest area for Pedas/Linggi and I noticed this sign board. Of course I knew it was for the disabled but I parked there anyway. But I haven't seen the word "OKU" before. Call me "jakun" but its the truth. Since when the word OKU became the abbreviation for Orang Kurang Upaya?

Photobucket
w00t

We arrived at Ayer Keroh and waited for everyone else to arrive at the Taman Buaya/McDonald to have some food. Surprisingly, their Prosperity Chicken burger was GOOD! Look at the size of the chicken patty.

Photobucket
KFC, do you see this? THIS is what you should be doing in reality and not just in advertisement


Photobucket
Even the ice cream was nicer than the one we get in 1 Utama.

With our stomachs filled, we walked to Taman Buaya, just to let my gf's niece look around. The place is not really maintained. The guard wasn't really "guarding". Anyone could easily walk into the entrance and straight into the crocodile viewing area.

But anyway, once we were done with the crocodile farm, we moved on to a chinese temple which I didn't know its name. We followed one of my gf's uncle's car and the place was actually Perigi Hang Li Poh and the temple was the one next to it.

Photobucket
Eh, take my photo pulak

Photobucket
:D

Photobucket
Together - gether of course

I know I have been in and out of Malacca VERY often last time as my grandma's place is at Bukit Beruang but its been so long since we last visited some places. The temple was pretty crowded as tourist were everywhere that day.

Photobucket
Entrance of the temple

Next stop, Maritime museum..but we didnt enter. Had a quick meal at some near by food court(Malay food) before we walked around the area. There were so many changes since my last visit. For example, this

Photobucket
Yes, its a guy fishing

Photobucket

After that, we visited St.John's Fort which was just around the corner from the water wheel. We visited all these places when it was like 2.30pm and it was HOT. We walked towards the hill and finally, the famous status of St. Paul.

Photobucket
A tourist was kind enough to help us take this picture. Tenkiu

Photobucket
I remember this guy. He has been busking here for a LONG time. I donated RM1 and took a quick photo. :D Cheerful chap.

Photobucket
Happy Valentine's Day? Soon?

Here comes the picture spamming. Too lazy to explain everything but let's just say we walked alot and the weather was freaking hot.

Photobucket
Nothing much to do here except if you plan to sit that er..."thing"

Photobucket
If only we knew that there was a new food court here, we wouldn't have ate at the food court with just Malay food earlier.

Photobucket
Panas Panas....some shed at least

Photobucket
When was this here? ROFL

After visiting all those places, it was time to head over to A'Famosa. We used the Alor Gajah and Tampin road to get there. I got lost at one point and had to call my cousin Nicholas for some directions. Took about 40minutes to reach A'Famosa but nevertheless, the place looks nice.

NOTE: I am not, I repeat, NOT criticizing about my gf's aunty decision to book the place and how it was handled. These are my opinions about A'Famosa.

LOCATION: HERE

Photobucket
Entrance of the resort

Photobucket
The lobby area

Guess what, we didnt stay at the main resort la. My gf's aunt booked 2 condominium called D'Savoy. Sadly, I didn't take pictures of the place which I should have. Too many people were around and we were tired. I know I know, how hard could snapping a few pictures be? But at that time, I wasn't quite thinking about blogging it and I was tired after all the driving and walking.

Nevertheless, the condo was CLEAN. Not too shabby. The mini fridge was not working properly. Although it can be turned on, it wasn't cold. There was a TV, probably 21". Channels available was a mixture of Astro channels and local TV stations.

Photobucket
What happened to Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia????? Oh wait, they wrote in Jawi instead.

Photobucket
Ok la...not too bad

We showered, had some bread and cereal drink before dinner. Rested till about 7.00pm before we all headed out to "Cowboy Town" where I was expecting to have some food for dinner. To my horror, none of them were going to eat. NONE. I thought we would be eating dinner but that was IT. NO FOOD. I don't mind how shitty the food may be but with my metabolism rate, trust me, I was fucking hungry. Sorry to use harsh words but yeah, a way of expressing how I felt. I am partially worried about catabolism but fuck that, I'm just hungry!

Photobucket
Cowboy Town

Photobucket
Some dance performed by a mixture of REAL lady and Ah Kua

Photobucket
Even the horse was bored (=.=")

Photobucket
Crowded =.= on a Thursday night...after all its still holiday for most of us.

Photobucket
Lion Dance as it was still CNY

Photobucket
Picture with my sayang

Photobucket
Did you miss this?

Photobucket
Pony for the kids. Smelly though.

We made our way to the carnival area where they will have some performances and stuff. Had to pass through the Shopping Village where we bought nothing.

Photobucket
Fucking crowded. =.=

Honestly, the carnival was bullshit or may be I'm just growing up too fast? You judge for yourself. Here comes the pictures:

Photobucket
Ah Kua with fake big boobs

Photobucket
Ah Kua in cowboy attire dancing "YEE HAA"

Photobucket
Chickens that I can't eat as KFC

Photobucket
WTF?

Photobucket
Ok this is fine in carnivals

Photobucket
Bring in the cats

Photobucket
Camels included

Photobucket
Monkey doing funny faces

Photobucket
"Red Indian" doing Yoga Flame (Dhalsim's descendant perhaps).

Photobucket
Running dog

Photobucket
Batman Monkey

Photobucket
Happy elephants

Photobucket
=.=

Photobucket
Cheap

The show ended with some 3 - 4 minutes fireworks which was nice. I recorded the video but I think it will take awhile to load at youtube but here it is anyway:




I slept as soon as I got back to the condo. I was seriously tired and lack of food > hibernation mode :D

30.01.2009

Woke up around 7.30am, showered and got ready to follow my gf and some of her relatives to Tampin to buy some food. Yes, FOOD AT LAST. My mind was filled with joy that I forgot to take pictures again. Hungry > blog MUAHAHA.We bought lots of pau, siu mai, lou mai kai and soya bean drinks. Pau never tasted this good ROFL.

After breakfast, we went for the animal park this time. Yes, Animal shows...what did you expect? First stop, Elephant show but we were late....only manage to watch the last few acts.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Female Elephant whacking the guy's balls

Photobucket
Mashing his dick :p

The rest are just random pictures of whatever we saw at the Animal park.


Photobucket
:D It hopped over to my camera hehe

Photobucket
ZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wazzup

Photobucket
Chilling

Photobucket
With the bad economy, smaller cat and smaller ring of fire was used.

Photobucket
The bear got to drink Diet Coke wei...

Photobucket
I was too late to capture the front view $@T#$%%$^#$%#

Photobucket
On some boat ride to Monkey Island

Photobucket
Manage to capture 1 nice shot of the peacock at "Monkey Island"

Ok here comes the monkeys. The whole place smelled really bad...with all the shit....doh

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As soon as we got back to the main place from Monkey Island, we went for some Safari thingy. Pretty long queue as everyone was waiting for their turn to board the truck. Me and 1 of my gf's cousin had to stand because that particular truck didn't have enough seats.

Photobucket
Holding on tight...bumpy ride

Photobucket
Happy Chinese Niu Year

Photobucket
Crocodiles..again

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sadly, they didnt mate at that time =P

Photobucket
What a cool pose

Photobucket
Trying to bite of each other's ear...they must have watched Mike Tyson's video

Photobucket
WHOA

Once again, I'm going to end this abruptly :D

Hope you guys enjoy hahahahahaha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Chinese New Year Andrew! Food binging time of the year!