Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Wazzup wazzup...nothing like enjoying a cup of Oldtown Coffee and updating my blog on a Monday afternoon. I slept around 3.00am last night and woke up around 8.45am. Had to be in church at 9.00am and I woke up at 8.45am? So wtf right? Yes, I WAS LATE. My sister actually called me at 7.30am to ask me which church I was going to. So I said ok lah, I'll go to St. Francis Xavier(SFX). So I quickly showered and all and off we(me, my grandma and the maid) went to SFX.

Traffic was smooth, as everyone was away at their hometown. I arrived at SFX around 9.20am and dropped off my grandma and the maid first while I looked for a parking space. Church was full....DOH but I manage to find one near the school area. After I got to church, I spotted my brother in law, Kenneth and my sister. So I sat down with my grandma while the priest was already giving the homily. Abit bad on my end for coming to church late but better than never. Sorry God :(

After mass, the SFX tradition was to give ang pow and blessed mandarin oranges to EVERYONE. So as usual, the hospitality ministers of the church made an announcement regarding how the ang pows and mandarin oranges will be given out. It started out smoothly but soon after, everyone was coming in for all sides. Since I wasn't in a hurry, we queued up patiently.


Photobucket
That is Father O.C Lim.

Photobucket
Boxes of mandarin oranges

Photobucket
Whops, the guy's hand was blocking this picture, that is my grandma :D

Photobucket
The guy in the red chinese suit is Father Simon

Photobucket
Soon to be my turn v(^.^)

After collecting our ang pows and blessed mandarin oranges, we went home for brunch. I was very hungry as I only had a few sips of coffee before leaving for church. Heated up yesterday's food - Chicken Curry, some veggies and lor bak! That was about 40minutes ago? I'm enjoying my cup of Oldtown Coffee now as I'm updating my blog. That was for today.

What about Reunion Dinner? No pictures? Well sorry, I forgot to take pictures of the FOOD. My parents couldn't come back from Sitiawan because of work but they should be coming TODAY yes...TODAY. 26.01.2009. So the relatives that were here for the reunion dinner last night was my uncle Meng whom I stayed with during my college days, my cousins - Kevin and Gary, Gary's soon to be wife, Leanna(God, I hope I spelt it correctly), uncle Sonny and aunty Theresa.

Here are some random post :D


23.01.2009

This was on Friday where I went out for lunch. It has been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG time since I last went out for lunch. If you know me, I have been bringing my lunches from home. But anyway, being Friday and I was going to office from my gf's house, I didn't pack any food so I decided to join my colleagues to go out for lunch. I was out for lunch with Chew and Sim, great friends and colleagues from the same batch when I first joined the company.

Anyway, we went to this vegetarian restaurant which was CHEAP!

Photobucket
At Sri Petaling

Photobucket
Out of the 2 Chinese character, I only know the word "ONE"

Photobucket
LOOK AT THE RECEIPT!~ BUSINESS IS GOOD. Actually, she just didn't tear them after each transaction HAHA

Photobucket
The place was clean....nice

Photobucket
And I just had to try a VEGETARIAN NASI LEMAK!! Honestly, its not bad. RM2.00 only! Since it was vegetarian, there are no eggs.


24.01.2009

Saturday! WEEKENDS ARE HERE. What did I do? I walked out to get the morning papers because my grandma wants to see if there are any promotions at Giant or even Tesco. After that, I started off the morning with washing my car! Its been a really really really really long time since I last washed my car and I must say, the paint of the car is now SHIT. Being a 14 years old car(I think?), the coat of paint is seriously tarnished. I've resprayed the whole car before but it has been so long. To make matters worse, it's a WHITE car. Do you have any freaking idea how hard it is to maintain a white color car? Anyway, I am planning to respray my car soon. Sort of a "reviving my car" project.

Photobucket
What else do you need to wash you car? That is just the car shampoo in a Tesco mineral bottle.

Photobucket
Ah...nice and clean.

Photobucket
Still looks good eh?

Why didn't I censor my plate number? Why should I? Do I need to? Are you going to look for me? Drop me a note at the wiper? Simple answer - I'm lazy. ROFLWTFBBQSAUCEFLYINGSPAGHETTIMEATBALLS.

With that done, next up to do list, LAUNDRY. Not much but still, everyone gotta do it at some point.

Photobucket
With the hot weather these days during Chinese New Year, you only need to dry them for afew hours.

After that, it was time for breakfast. Nothing like a cup of Oldtown Coffee and toast!

Photobucket

You know what is amazing, simple breakfast like this would be so expensive at shops like er..Oldtown or those with the similar ambiance. Sure the bread they used are different and softer ones but to eat those at those places? Doesn't really make sense to me. With the current state of the economy, we gotta watch our spending. Eggs are still fucking expensive and SMALL in size. A can of tuna in olive oil is RM4.45 when previously it was RM3.59~ RM3.99. I just don't get it. Petrol price is now RM1.80 per liter, why aren't costs for products coming down? Fucking doesn't make sense.

When the price of petrol was increased, EVERYONE was bitching and rioting. Now that it is relatively cheap, FOOD IS STILL FUCKING EXPENSIVE. I'm not talking about Chinese New Year season but majority of the products out there are still expensive. Do you get it?

Expensive petrol price = people coming together, rioting, complaining, suffering etc etc etc

Cheap petrol but prices for food/products are STILL sky high = .................*birds flying by*

Hello? which is more important? FOOD or your fucking petrol? No sound? What are all the ministers doing? Fucking government are not monitoring prices of food and products. Eggs are so small these days that it would just slip through the plastic egg trays in fridges. Pffftt.

What can we do as suffering consumers? Spend wisely! I don't mean we should be cheap but we gotta spend carefully. I could buy a new guitar now with just a snap of a finger. No problem but would I be really fully utilizing it? Don't get me wrong, I love music and I still play my guitar often but I have more important commitments to deal with. So you see the practicality here? I already have a guitar so I should use my money on something else...which is why I bought my new computer in 2007 muahahahahahaha..

Ok, enough of emo post. Next up, FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25.01.2009

Went out with my sayang to 1 Utama. Traffic was relatively smooth to 1 Utama as everyone was away BUT it was still pretty packed at 1 Utama.


Photobucket
Hhhm, I look tired in this picture huh?

My gf had some stuff to buy and I bought something for my Grandma as well. I bought for my grandma a new pair of sandal as her current one was a little torn. Where did I buy it? From BATA. Yes....BATA - Buy And Throw Away

With that done, we went to grab some food as it was already close to 3.00pm (I think). We proceeded to myNEWS Cafe. We have been there a couple of times and the prices are more reasonable compared to Secret Recipe.

Photobucket
I bet you've passed by there before.

Photobucket
A small bowl of tom yam soup - RM3.50

Photobucket
Some prawns, crap sticks and fishballs...okay la, CRAB sticks

Photobucket
Green Tea with Honey frappe!

Photobucket
Taste? Yummy...refreshing as well.

Photobucket
My gf and I ordered the same dish. myNEWS fried rice.

Photobucket
Smile sayang *muacks*

After lunch, we continued walking around and...IP MAN MOVIE WAS BEING SHOWN IN SPEEDY VIDEO SHOP!!! THE DVD IS OUT!!!!!! Yes, I bought the DVD as I was waiting for it. Good shows like this is a must to get the DVD.

Photobucket
The box

Photobucket
The DVD case

Photobucket
The DVD, nicely printed.

Photobucket
IP MAN! No, not fucking Internet Protocol Man you idiot. In cantonese, it's pronounced as "EEP MUN" or something like that lar =.= My cantonese SUCKS.

Back to MONDAY~!!! 26.01.2009

Now that Chinese New Year is here, its all about luck and auspicious days. Year of the Ox right? What is in for us PIGS? I was the reading the papers today and they had this section in The Star about zodiacs and all.

Photobucket
I'm actually quite scared after reading it.

Some of it was quite relevant HAHA. For example, TAKE NOTE: GET ENOUGH SLEEP, which I have not been getting enough because of late nights of gaming but hey, its the holiday season and after the past few weeks of stress in the office...I want to relax. But overall, I find it pretty okay for PIGS :D I still believe we make our own fate and all. God is still above all!(Right Eddie? :D muahaha. EAT SLEEP LIFT! AND RUN!)

Next up? DOTA!!! OI EDDIE FASTER. GARENA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh i was in SFX on CNY too!
but i didnt queue to wait for the angpau and oranges lah... queue was too long :P

Anonymous said...

The quality of the Ip Man DVD from Speedy sucks to the max !! Is worse than a VCD and even a Uncle Ho version better than it !!