Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Stressed? Injured Knee?But there is hope :)

Yes, its 12.00am as I'm typing this. Just finished 2 rounds of DotA with my buddies on Garena. Nothing like ending the night with something relaxing, better yet, with your good friends. Friends? Loved ones...you have no idea how important these people are till its too late. Andrew is EmO again, Lord have mercy.

Stress has been piling up ever since I have joined the new project in office. I know I know, nothing is smooth sailing, this I understand. It is why I took up the challenge of learning something new in the first place. I am currently doing something which I have never done before called Process Integration(PI) - Exchange Infrastructure stuff and man....when I first started off, I was nervous as hell. I mean who wouldn't be; 5 days of PI training and you're off for "war". It was a few weeks after my training where I was sent to Wimbledon for 6 weeks. It was exciting, nerve wrecking, depressing, and heart warming.

Firstly, I appreciate my friends(well, colleagues but of course my friends) for being there in times of need. There was once where I thought I lost my money at the apartment, thinking the cleaners had come to clean the place. I forgot to lock my bag that particular day. I panicked, started counting my money and was shocked to find out 100pounds went missing? 100pounds, gone. Just when things were about to turn ugly, friends were there to calm me down which to me, I thank the Lord for them. Shannon, Sandrine, Zen and Wern Chuen kept telling me to calm down and think of all the possibilities of me spending the money. In the end, I think it was my own spending without realizing it. Doesn't matter anyway, but I just wanted to voice it out.

Photobucket
Shannon, Me and Zen

I know I did some mistakes by posting some of our candid shot pictures(UK) in facebook and tagging them. To me, those pictures with them in it weren't ugly nor exposing but I guess it's just them being girls. Something that we guys will never entirely understand. And I should respect that. So to all which I have offended you in this manner, I apologize ALTHOUGH I'm not going to go through my facebook picture albums of Day 1 till Day 42 to untag them! haha Sorry!

Now that I've been back in Malaysia since 22nd November 2008, I am happy. I found that my sister was about 2 weeks pregnant; yalar yalar, I'm an uncle already. I ate all the food I missed while being in UK. Ready? here we go........

Photobucket
Pork Noodle @ Medan Selera Puteri Mart - They give pretty huge portion for large

Photobucket
Nasi Lemak @ Village Park at Uptown - Its the best nasi lemak that I've tasted till date.

Photobucket
Teh Si Peng @ Village Park at Uptown

Photobucket
Roast Pork Noodle @ Restoran Good Luck at Taman Megah Opposite Ming Tien
This is the ONLY thing I order each time I go there. Trust me, go there by 12.30pm before they are sold out.

During 2008's New Year Eve, me and my sayang had dinner with some friends since college days at 1 Utama - BBQ Plaza. It was our first time to that restaurant haha. Newbies! Food was average but their price was reasonable. We walked around the One World Hotel before going home :) We wanna avoid the jam before the count down starts

Photobucket
Happy New Year sayang *muacks*

So its 2009 and I was back to office after a 2 weeks annual leave. Stress was once again doing its damage but I kept praying for guidance. Its human nature to ONLY START praying when they are in deep trouble. Nevertheless, PRAY. Faith has no logic.

If it wasn't for my grandma, I would be alone at home now. Although she NAGS a lot, I still love her dearly. As you know, I love to run. But every time I come back from my run, she will say "Don't need to run like this....I have never seen the boys at MMU run like this", "Just exercise during the weekends la....you are so tired after coming back from the office". I understand that she means well, but I know my limits. I'm not FORCING myself into a run or workout but I really enjoy and look forward to do those things after work. Now that my working hours are from 12.00pm - 8.00pm, my workout / running schedule is now in the morning. Why the odd hours? Well, its for project that I'm in. January is the peak period for us in the project. EVERY development has to be completed before Chinese New Year if not, we won't get our leaves for CNY week. So if we have any questions, we can call them the very same day because 4.00pm over here is 8.00am over there at Wimbledon.

Despite the odd hours, I manage to do a 10KM run last Thursday(08.01.2009) and that was when my right knee felt painful, some where below the knee cap. It is a lot better now but I'm still refraining myself from running. I've been diligently taking my glucosamine, fish oil, multi vitamin and even spirulina supplements, hoping that it will help speed up the recovery process.

It's 13th of January already and I have about 2 more week to complete my task before Chinese New Year. Can you imagine the stress I'm having? Though I might not show it but deep down, its fucked up. Well, I keep telling myself positive thoughts such as
  • Don't fret, find the solution!
  • God will make a way, when they seems to be no way.
  • Every journey begins with a single step.
Well, you get the point. I seriously thank God for having a good team lead. She makes sure we are all doing alright and asks us if we needed any help. Surely everyone needs help, so who am I to complain? Furthermore, I am now a Senior Consultant, I gotta learn how to do stuff on my own first before asking right?

I'm also trying my best NOT TO take frustrations and stress from office back home. When I'm at home, I have other responsibilities. Now that ONLY my grandma stays with me, I'm taking care of her as well. I don't mean act all arrogant but I've been helping my mum with the house chores since Secondary school and I am damn proud of it. I can do the dishes, laundry, sweep, mop, clean the bathroom, clean the ceiling fan and light. Afterall, it is MY house as well...gotta keep it clean right? My grandma is getting old so I am always doing all the cleaning. Even if she is not old, I'm doing it anyway! haha. It's not because of pity but its the right thing to do. We all love our grandma, small things like these shows that we care. On weekends, we would usually go to the market for groceries...and that is where I learn a thing or two as well.

Photobucket
Pork Pork

Photobucket
Mmmmmmmmmmmm PORK

Celebrated my grandma's birthday :)

Photobucket
Aiya Ah Ma, where are you looking at (=.=")

Photobucket
Cake cutting was at home after the makan

I call my mum pretty often in the afternoon. Sort of like a break from my work. Its comforting to hear the voice of your loved ones. Even for a minute or two, I just feel calm and relax knowing that everything is okay.

I am grateful to be blessed with a wonderful family, girlfriend, friends and colleagues. I seriously wouldn't know where I'll be if it wasn't for you guys.

Photobucket
Ah Ma, my gf, my mum, my dad, my sister and my brother in law

Photobucket
Tukar cameraman haha

Photobucket
Happy Birthday Mummy!

But to me, I guess I'm extremely blessed for this special person in my life. Tears and joys we both shared over the years which I believe, have strengthen our relationship even more. Its amazing how the years has just passed us by. I guess that is why they say live life to the fullest. Also, If I'm single now, I would MOST probably be a fat ass guy now haha....kinda scared thinking about it.

Photobucket
I love you :)

Ok I'm going to end abruptly now. GOOD NIGHT!


5 comments:

CapArnabBrand said...

Dude... you spent 100 pounds without knowing it? *salute*

Andrew said...

HAha nolar..may be I just took extra 50pound notes. I didnt really count at that time. took forgranted =P

Anonymous said...

Aww so sweet! Well grandma is always concern about their grandchild. Is a previous stone. As long as you know that you're not killing yourself then its okay..Cheers!!

Andrew said...

Hehe yea =P can't wait to run again :) I think my leg is recovering well.

Thanks for dropping by

Anonymous said...

Now I'm feeling hungry! Grrrrr.